Tuesday, January 12, 2010

They say everybody steal somebody's heart away..

I just realized I've a pretty girl as my neighbour. Walking up the stairs, aku nampak dia cakap dalam phone.


A vision in white.
Totally random.


............................


So it was then and there, I thought it wouldn't be that fast, abrupt, painful.
Listen, it's not about getting your exact dream house. It's not even about getting away from anything.
It's about settling with what you have, your home. Furnished it, bake cookies in it, tidied it up and love it so bad it hurts.And when it hurts, love. Love, love & love till it heals. And you're back in the circle, tossing and turning, laughing and jumping to the silly sound of your own heart beating. Maths and science, arts & literature, you know it by heart so why can't you? Why can't you?
............................................................................................................
And she said
Why can't you be
Like my waterpik shower massager
A sweet reliable machine
And to tell the truth I don't feel less alone
A water massager's is the purest love I've ever known
Why can't you be
Like when I was thirteen

And I said:
Why can't you be
Like an art house foreign movie
Frank and sexy, red balloons and ennui
And allude to me
And why can't you be
A little more of a mystery

So while I'm alive... I will always be

Seeking you out
Digging you out
Wondering about how it goes so far down
And what's wrong with you
What's wrong with you and me.

And she said:
Why can't you be
Someone lookin' a little deeper into me
Like JD Salinger
Why do I challenge her
In all these surface ways
That you displease
Why can't you be
A little more at ease

well why can't you be
Like a hand rolled cigarette
I'm not joking
This masochistic self-pity of smoking
And this city ditty
I keep provoking you to leave me

No comments: